Monday, January 4, 2010

a new year, a new era

Welcome to the first post of the Greater LA Art Review. Through these pages I will share upcoming art openings, events and must see shows in the LA area as well as reviews of adventures of the art kind in this fabulous city.
In my own artwork, I am fascinated by maps, transportation and regional flavor. After driving cross country and living in the deep south for a spell, I am back to my roots and the bustling rush of Southern California. With all thats going on here, it's hard not to shout it out.
Each week, along with some help from guest blogger artists, I will share my plans for upcoming events and post reviews of work seen. As I've mentioned, getting to the art can sometimes be quite a feat amongst the disorganized city plan, crazy drivers and the typical traffic. I like to think of the art work as my reward for making it though all of the hubbub.
Enjoy!


"I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They're beautiful. Everybody's plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic."
- Andy Warhol

No comments:

Post a Comment